- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup coarse plain white breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 pound Bite cheese, cut into 24 rectangular pieces about ½ inch thick and 1¼ -x-1¾ inches
- About 1½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
Place flour in a shallow bowl. In a second bowl, lightly beat eggs. On a large plate, stir together breadcrumbs and sesame seeds; spread out mixture. Lightly flour cheese; dip in egg, shaking off excess egg, then firmly press into breadcrumbs to coat all sides.
Heat about 1 inch oil to 355° in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. In batches of 3 or 4, leaving enough room to flip cheese, fry cheese until golden on all sides and starting to melt, 2 minutes total (reduce heat, if necessary, to maintain temperature). Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve warm.